|Updated Gentle Organic Skin Care Routine with Weleda!|
I am so excited about today's post. I have been looking for a skin care line that ...
a) works for my super dry skin
b) does not give me any allergic reaction and is suitable for sensitive skin
c) contains organic ingredients
d) has a pleasant natural fragrance
e) is affordable
In the past I have been using french pharmacy products, products that were prescribed to me by my dermatologist, drugstore sensitive and budget friendly alternatives but have not been really happy with the price, results or ingredients. A good friend of mine is a big fan of the Weleda products and while I was staying at her place the other day, I borrowed her Iris moisturiser and was so surprised with the great results! I am currently using the cleansing milk and the iris facial lotion and am thinking of adding their toner and almond skin oil as well in the future.
Iris Hydrating Facial Lotion (30 ml / 11 €)
- Incis are : Water (Aqua), Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Alcohol, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Distillate, Glycerin, Glyceryl Linoleate, Hydrolyzed Beeswax, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Calendula Officinalis (Calendula), Iris Germanica Root Extract, Xanthan Gum, Sodium Beeswax, Fragrance (Parfum)*, Limonene*, Linalool*, Citronellol*, Geraniol*, Citral*.
- The lotion is based on Jojoba oil, contains witch hazel, beeswax and calendula. Calendula gives it a slight yellow tinge. Ingredients are great - minimal and clean organic extracts.
- Fragrance is very fresh, flowery and pleasant. It is a very natural smell and not artificial and very light. Will not give you any headaches - I promise.
- Sinks in right into the skin! Suitable for very thirsty dry skin. It did work well on my dry patches!
- Most important: Did not break me out! I also tried out the almond facial cream by Weleda - had terrible break outs sadly.
- No itching, no red spots and no allergic reaction.
Gentle Cleansing Milk (100 ml / 10 €)
- Incis are Water (Aqua), Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil, Alcohol, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Lysolecithin, Fragrance (Parfum)*, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Distillate, Iris Germanica Root Extract, Xanthan Gum, Limonene*, Linalool*, Citronellol*, Geraniol*, Citral*.
- The cleansing milk is based on Sesame oil, contains Jojoba oil as well as witch hazel and iris root extract. The cleansing milk and the lotion have belonged to one product line in the past and go very well together.
- Cleanses mildly, I use a little bit on my damp skin and massage it in with a wash cloth. The only downside is that because of the alcohol based witch hazel the lotion is not supposed to be near your eye area. I wish I could use the cleansing milk to remove my eye make up but that is not possible.
- Fragrance is very fresh and flowery.
DIY - Eye Make-Up Remover with Coconut Oil & Baby Oil
- I am currently making my own using coconut oil and fragrance free baby oil for sensitive skin.
- Mix half of each in a small container and use a little bit on a damp cotton pad. gently place on closed eye lids. Removes make up, mascara and eye liner in seconds.
- You can use pure coconut oil as well but because it is solid I prefer mixing it with the baby oil so it does stay in it's liquid form. You can also use any other liquid oil such as Jojoba Oil, Avocado Oil or Argan Oil. I prefer the baby oil because the incis are ok and it is super affordable ( 2,50 Euro/ 250 ml).
I know a lot of eco-friendly beauty bloggers are using Martina Gebhardt's product line such as lovely Nixenhaar or the Pai products like Wuscheline which I never tried because of their price but nevertheless heard good things about.
Did you try out any of the Weleda Products? I am so curious to hear about your skin care routine and what works for your skin type!