2015/05/23

Review: Shea Moisture Coconut & Hibiskus - Curl & Define and Raw Sheabutter Restorative Conditioner



Hello Lovelies!

I know I know it has been ages. Apologies to you. In the meantime I did not chop off my hair, dyed it purple or got a perm. All is in it's usual glory eh mess ^^ I have been super busy but more about that at a later time point. 

Good news are : I fell in love! Yes finally! Well I did and I did so through and through with the organic US brand called Shea Moisture! I got a hair care packet from my beautiful long-haired friend Tanja  telling me that I would love that hair care line. Well, she has been right on point! I was astonished. I have always been a great lover of Aubrey Organic's Hair Care I love their effect, incis and philosophy. But I do have to say Shea Moisture is pretty amazing as well!

Originally created for very dry, curly afro-american hair it works like a charm with my dry, coarse and curly hair. If you are a curly girl definitely go for it! The products are very rich but I am not sure how well fine hair would work with them since none of my friends tried out this brand. 

About Shea Moisture:

  • organic hair care
  • no animal testing
  • great ingredients
  • easy formulas 
  • no synthetic fragrances

Coconut and Hibiskus 
Curl and Shine Shampoo and Conditioner
I have used the whole series up. It gives my curls a very bouncy appearance, defines very well and it is great in moisturising. The conditioner works like a charm in detangling and the best part is: the fragrance! Smells like coconut and mango. Very tropical and very yummy! Imagine you are stepping out of a lagoon at a tropical island. The shampoo had a golden caramel colour and had strong cleaning properties. Beware I had some dandruff because it is rather concentrated. After I started using the shampoo diluted the dandruff stopped.It is a very strong shampoo but my sensitive scalp did not get any break-outs. And by the way the conditioner might be the best one I have tried with regard to curly hair! 


Raw Shea Butter 
Restorative Conditioner
Not as great in detangling like the curly series but still a very good heavy duty conditioner that moisturised very well and caused lots of shine. Again the smell is a--mazing, it smells very warm, like a cashmere, vanilla, powdery fragrance. Very seductive, pleasant and long lasting. However the consistency is pretty thick and once you reach the bottom of the bottle the distribution is not very good. Did not do so much with the curls so I think it is better with wavy or straight hair.

Shea Moisture Conditioners come with a pump which is very handy I like that a lot! The fragrances that they use are outstanding! You can order the products from their web site at around 10 $ /bottle. If however you live in europe like I do it is a pretty pricey matter - a bottle here sells for about 20/25 Euro, but the bottle are again a good size, about 325 ml. The shampoo lasted me long enough, my use of conditioner is very high so this might become an expensive affair. If you know any good sites where to buy please let me know! You can order from this website if you are located in Europe.

 That's it from me today my dear long-haired friends! I am dying to try out their other product lines like Manuka Honey and Tahitian Noni.  Have you every used Shea Moisture products? How was your experience with them?

Oh and just so that you know I still exist after all that long absence a picture of the back of my head ;p and a messy bun <3
Ficcare Topaz Diamond Lazy Wrap Bun in Red Hair





Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

I am happy about every single comment, thanks for sharing your thoughts! Love, Zoey.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...