2014/03/01

Care: Herbal Hair Conditioner Shikakai & Honey


Khadi's Shikakai Conditioner is not what you usually expect from a conditioner, instead of detangling help you will get strengthened hair. The product is full of honey and shikakai as well as rheeta and jojoba oil. Honey is a natural humectant that attracts water and adds moisture to your hair. 

Let's have a look at the incis: 
Aqua٠Acacia concinna extract (Shikakai)٠Cetyl Alcohol٠Glyceryl Stearate SE٠Sapindus mukurossi peel extract (Reetha)٠Glyceryl Stearate٠Ceteareth-20٠Mel (Honig)٠Lanolin٠Parfum٠Glycerin٠Methylparaben٠Citric acid

Now once your hair is wet you apply the conditioner on your hair length - once in contact with water it gets very runny and you need to be careful not to drop it. After you applied it your hair will feel funny and kind of crunchy/hard. It will feel like straw and what the heck is happening here? :o) Don't worry this is normal. After it dries it will be soft, shiny and manageable with lots of volume. I think the effect is due to the Shikakai - like henna it is an astringent. The fragrance is very strong and flowery sweet, if you like heavy oriental perfumes this is your conditioner. I normally prefer lighter fresher or more herbal smells. After your hair dries the fragrance will vanish though.

What do I think?
Well I do like the effect but because my hair is very prone to knotting I do need more help detangling, that's is why I prefer a conditioner with detangling benefits and not only pure care. Please note that this conditioner is not organic - it contains parabens. I think fine hair will benefit more from this conditioner than coarse hair like mine because you will really get lots if volume!


Did you try Khadi's Conditioner? What is your experience?

Love, Zoey :*


Product provided by Khadi. All opinions are my own.

2 Kommentare:

  1. Do you think ACV rinse after this would help with detangling? I haven't tried Khadi but I'm always interested in new products. Have to be careful though... I've noticed that especially Indian products have often really bad nasties like formaldehyde in them :(

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Hey Marika! I always use ACV Rinse actually every time I wash my hair, I think it is just the nature of the product + I really need lots of help detangling because I have so much hair ^^ This conditioner is the only one with parabens normally all their other ranges are organic. I especially love their hair and body oils a lot! The only indian regular product I know has good ingredients is the dabur vatika. I think I have used up 3 bottles of their dabur vatika enriched coconut oil :o) Love, Zoey

    AntwortenLöschen

I am happy about every single comment, thanks for sharing your thoughts! Love, Zoey.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...