2014/02/17

Care: Amla Hair Oil Khadi



I am so happy about my newly found love for Indian Hair Care, Khadi Products and their Amla Hair Oil. It is not a big secret that I am a little hair oil junkie, I am always trying new oils. Check out my hair oil guide here. Using hair oil has been one of the biggest discoveries for me after I started to look into (natural) hair care and care for my naturally extremely dry tresses. I does make the biggest difference in growing your hair! If you are a little lazy and thinking a few drops here and there will not make a difference don't let me come over with a bottle of coconut oil(!) - because actually there will be a huge difference on how healthy and shiny your hair is. 'nough said. 

I wrote a little bit about Amla here and how to wash your hair with dried alma powder while benefitting from lots of volume and shine. 

Amla Hair Oil:

Ingredients (INCI): Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower Oil) · Emblica Officinalis (Amla) · Eclipta Alba (Bringaraj) · Bacopa monniera (Brahmi) · Cyperus rotundus (Nagarmootha) · Symplocos racemosa (Lodhra) · Ocimum sanctum (Tulsi) · Azadirachta indica (Neem) · Sesamum indicum (Sesame) · Cinnamomum camphora (Camphor) · Lawsonia inermis (Henna) · Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Almond Oil) ·Tocopherol (Vitamin E)

As you can see the main carrier oil is sunflower oil and almond oil. Infused herbs are Amla, Bringaraj, Brahmi, Tulsi, Neem, Camphor and Henna as well as a little Vitamin E to keep it from getting bad too quickly. 
So basically you get the full power of indian herbal goodies all in one bottle! You need to shake the bottle well before usage and the colour is a purplish dark brown. I know that when it comes to Khadi products the opinions rage widely - you either love their scent or you hate it. I personally adore the fragrance! I was afraid that it would be a sickly sweet smell but nope - very yummy herbs. A little fresh and musky. The best thing is that I don't get an allergic reaction! I am very sensitive when it comes to scents. 

As you can see from the picture above, I have been using quite a bit of alma oil - basically as a prewash deep oil hair mask on my scalp and length for 30 min - 2 h before my hair wash. The picture below is purely for your amusement with one of my acrylic hair sticks and my prewash hair oil mask :o) Let is soak for a while. The effect it had on my scalp was very calming and my hair became very soft. When used on dry hair the oil got absorbed easily into my ends. I love this product and I wish I had ordered all their hair oils! I would categorise the oil as a medium to heavy oil. 



The most important thing : I have less hair loss now! I am not sure if it was due to a more healthy scalp or if the alma actually activated something at my roots but I am really glad I am loosing less hair now. The first two weeks nothing happened, but now I am in my 4th week and noticed significantly less hair fall out. Give it a try - the least benefit you will get is shiny hair :o) I was not too sure about it when I ordered so I am pleasantly surprised. 

How are your experiences with Amla products and hair oils? Did you notice less fall out like me? 

Love, Zoey :*





Thanks to Khadi for providing the product free of charge. All opinions are my own and have not been influenced.


6 Kommentare:

  1. I've never tried Khadi amla oil yet, but I used Khadi hennas many times and I think the quality is really good. Unfortunately, in France, we can only find Khadi products on e-shops or very rare and specific shops... Greetings from France ^-^

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. I've never tried Khadi amla oil yet, but I used Khadi hennas many times and I think the quality is really good. Unfortunately, in France, we can only find Khadi products on e-shops or very rare and specific shops... Greetings from France ^-^

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Hello Mini! I used their henna as well while I was hennaing my hair, especially their true red tone is very nice and durable. If you can I can highly recommend their hair oil - it is simply wonderful! I had to order online as well, try this shop I think they will ship internationally! They were very fast and everything arrived well packed. https://www.indien-produkte.de

      Löschen
  3. Thank you so much for writing about this product! I have lost quite a bit of hair, and I'd really like it to become thick and lush again. It can't hurt to try some of this oil as a pre-wash treatment. :)

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Hello Kitty, give it a try I think you need to have some patience and use it very regularly but I can definitely say that I have less hair loss now. Try to take a multivitamin as well if you can, sometimes this can help as well! I am taking zinc, biotin, omega three, folic acid, magnesium, calcium selen and copper!

      Löschen
  4. Hey, ich habe auch das Amla Öl und liebe es. Anfangs mochte ich den Geruch gar nicht, aber nach einiger Zeit gefiel er mir immer besser und mittlerweile finde ich ihn sehr toll! Ich meine auch, dass mein Haarverlust viel weniger geworden ist durch die Khadi Öle. Hatte davor das Vitalisierende Haaröl, was ich aber vom Geruch her richtig fies finde :D Aber auch das half seeeehr beim Haarverlust. Das Amla Öl macht allerdings die Haare sehr viel weicher. Ich liebe die Öle von Khadi. Das Körperöl ist auch spitze. Und für den Preis hat man ja echt ewig davon!
    Liebe Grüße
    Jen

    AntwortenLöschen

I am happy about every single comment, thanks for sharing your thoughts! Love, Zoey.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...